At O’Malley Dental, we know how important it is for you to have a smile that you are proud of and not afraid to show in public. Tooth bonding is a service that we offer that is relatively inexpensive compared to all other forms of cosmetic dentistry. Tooth bonding will dramatically improve your smile as it is used to treat tooth gaps, chips, cracks, and can also be used for tooth discolorations.
Advantages Of Tooth Bonding
- Quick and inexpensive procedure. Typically dental bonding procedures are done the same day in our office.
- Unlike veneers and crowns, which are customized tooth coverings that must be manufactured in a lab, bonding usually can be done in one office visit unless several teeth are involved.
- It is a non-invasive procedure as almost none of your tooth enamel is removed for this process. The entire bonding process usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes to complete.
- The natural look of tooth bonding is one of the best features of the entire process. The bonding material is made to match the current shade of your teeth. The look is so natural that your friends or family will most likely not even be able to tell that you went through treatment.
- The lifespan of bonding materials for the teeth depends on how much bonding was done and on your personal oral hygiene habits. Typically, your teeth bonding results can last up to ten years if you do what you are supposed to do at home when it comes to caring for your teeth!
Does Bonding Require Special After Care?
Bonded teeth do not require special care. Simply follow good oral hygiene at home as you normally would such as brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing at least once a day, rinse with mouthwash once or twice a day, especially after meals. Refrain from using tobacco products, and see Dr. O’Malley for regular professional check-ups and cleanings at a recommended minimum of twice per year, that is only one visit per every six months!
Schedule An Appointment
Dr. O’Malley welcomes new patients from Simpsonville, Greenville, and many surrounding communities. To schedule an appointment and discuss how tooth bonding can help you achieve the smile you have always dreamed of, contact us at 864-962-7672 or request an appointment online.