Dental Cleaning An Overview
Dental Cleaning An Overview
O’Malley Dental provides dental cleanings for all ages in Simpsonville South Carolina and surrounding communities.
A dental cleaning is the foundation of your routine preventive dental care at O’Malley Dental. Our trained and experienced dental hygienists in Simpsonville SC will take the time to be thorough. Combined with a comprehensive dental exam with Dr. O’Malley, it’s a key component of long term oral health maintenance.
During your dental cleaning, we reach spaces and surfaces that can be hard to access yourself when brushing and flossing your teeth at home. Our staff is also trained to look for the early warning signs of dental problems, such as tooth cavities, and oral cancer. Unaddressed tooth cavities can quickly develop into more complex concerns if left untreated. Tooth decay, gum disease and other health concerns with early oral symptoms can often be treated successfully with conservative means. For the best results, all dental issues can be quickly addressed when caught in the developmental stage.
Taking proper care of your teeth is important, and much easier than most people think. Use these simple tips for taking care of your teeth properly.
- Brush Twice a Day: Brushing your teeth twice a day is as basic as dental care gets. You don’t need special toothbrushes or fancy toothpastes to do a good job cleaning your teeth. Choose a soft-to-medium bristle brush that won’t hurt your gums, and use it when you get up in the morning and before bedtime.
- Rinse Your Mouth: When you are at work or school and don’t have your toothbrush, rinse your mouth after meals to wash away food particles and film that contribute to plaque buildup and tooth decay.
- Floss Daily: At least once a day, floss between your teeth to clean away plaque and capture any bits of food that may have become trapped there.
- Visit Your Dentist Twice A Year: Visit your dentist twice a year for a full cleaning and examination to catch any developing problems early.
- Location: Finding a dentist in your neighborhood isn’t necessary, but it can make it easier for you to keep appointments. This can be especially important if you’re looking for a family dentist that can see your entire family the same day.
- Personality: You and your dentist will be working together for years, so it’s important to find one you like and with whom you get along. Make appointments to meet with several dental care practitioners, and choose the one that makes you the most comfortable.
Dental Cleaning What to Expect
How quick is a dental cleaning?
Your dental hygienist will use a special toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to gently clean all tooth surfaces. We will look for any signs of tooth damage or decay as we clean your teeth. Your hygienist will offer personalized oral hygiene tips to keep your smile clean and healthy between visits. Because each patient is different, the entire process lasts as long as it takes to professionally clean your teeth.
We Take the time to get to know you, and analyze any medical issues or lifestyle habits that may affect your oral health. This enables our staff to provide the best possible care and effective advice.
After brushing your teeth, we will floss between them and look for any signs of gum disease. In most cases, a fluoride paste will be applied as the final step in the process to strengthen your tooth enamel and help fight decay. Another preventative measure to help fight decay includes dental sealants. We recommend the use of dental sealants to prevent cavities in children.
Schedule a Teeth Cleaning Today
Dr. Ryan O’Malley is your local Simpsonville family dentist. Bring your whole family to O’Malley Dental for preventative dental care today. Give us a call at 864-920-3771 today.